facebook sdk

google tag manager

Monday, December 05, 2005

Privacy Policy for Inside Analytics

Your privacy is important to me. I do collect visitor information using a few different services, and experiment occaisionally with various tools. However, I will always adhere to the following privacy standards:

Note 1: The information below is equivalent to the following compact P3P (which I cannot set in the HTTP header using Blogger, but I do include this information in a meta tag in my template):

    NON DSP COR ADM DEV PSA OUR IND UNI COM NAV STA INT

    NON: Unfortunately, visitors do not have access to view the information I collect. However I will attempt to share aggregated information about the traffic to this site on a regular basis.

    DSP: There may be some disputes about my privacy practices. I don't know of any...but there may be some.

    COR: If there are any disputes, I will work to correct them.

    ADM: Information collected will help me better administer this site.

    DEV: Information collected will help me develop this site.

    PSA: Information collected will help me understand (psuedo-analysis) the habits and interests of the visitors to this site, but will not be tied back to any individually identified data.

    OUR: The information is ours (mine), and I keep it. It is not now, nor will it ever be, given to any third party.

    IND: I plan on keeping the information I collect indefinitely.

    UNI: I use unique ID's to identify visitors. This helps me understand visitor preferences over time.

    COM: I collect limited information about visitor computer systems, browsers, operating systems, screen resolutions, software, etc., that is provided by the browser, or via javascript.

    NAV: I collect navigation information, including pages visited, referrers and offsite links.

    STA: I use cookies to maintain visitor identifiers and some limited state information.

    INT: I collect search terms used to arrive at this site to better understand visitor traffic and navigation flow.


Note 2: My XML Privacy Report is available at this location: http://eblog.bugbee.org/w3c/p3p.xml. If you visit my "support" site with IE, you can see this file in IE's Privacy Report.

Please email me (elbpdx at gmail.com) if you have any questions about this post or this policy.

Filed in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

addthis

webtrends reinvigorate analytics